Want working experice in Japan? Take the JET (Japane Exchange and Teaching) Programme.
What is JET?
JET is the largest and the best organised international exchange programme in the world. JET is operated by Japan local authorities with the support of three powerful Japanese Ministries. Here is the structure of the JET Programme.
In order to increase the mutual understanding between the people of Japan the people of other nations, the Japanese government started the JET programme in 1987. JET is such a successful programme that it grows from 848 participants from 4 counties in 1987 to 5,528 participants from 54 countries in 2018. Here are all the JET participated countries.
are JET Jobs?
JET has three positions:
- ALT: Assistant Language Teacher
- CIR: Coordinator for International Relations
- SEA: Sports Exchange Advisors
If you are good at English and like teaching, you can apply for ALT and assist teaching English in public schools or local boards of education.
If you can speak functional Japanese you can apply for CIR and work at the local government offices to assist international exchange activities and have more fun.
If you are good at sports, you can apply for SEA and assist with sport training and the sport related projects.
For more details about these JET positions, click here.
Whichever position you apply,
As one of the participate said JET is the “Best Experience Ever!”
How can I apply for the JET programme?
Firstly, you need to check your eligibility:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have not lived in Japan for six or more years since 2009.
- If you want to apply for ALT, you need to be qualified as a language teacher or have strong motinvation to teach foreigne languages.
- If you want to apply for CIR, you must have a functional Japanese language skills. Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is desirable.
Want to know more about JET programme? Please visit the webpage.
Or watch the vedio before.
We will have a free JET workshop on 10 May in Brisbane. Please register now because the seats are limited.