Our intensive Youth Chinese Test (YCT 1) Class during the school holiday is so successful that all the parents enrolled their children to our YCT 2 class in the school term 1.
- Date: Sunday, 2 Feburary – 29 March
- Time: 10:30 – 11:30
- Venue: Aspley State School
We will also open another new YCT 1 class on Saturday:
- Date: Saturday, 1 Feburary – 28 March
- Time: 9:45 – 11:00
- Venue: Aspley State School
If you missed our holiday intensive YCT 1 class and want your children to learn Mandarin during the school term, please enrol ours YCT 1 or YCT 2 classes for children.
Why learn the YCT?
YCT ( Youth Chinese Test ) is designed for primary and middle school students from the non-Chinese background family to learn Chinese (Mandarin) in a systematic way. It is the official recognised Chinese Language Proficiency Certificate for youth.
We believe the YCT is the best Chinese class for children from the non-Chinese background family based on the below reasons.
- Incentive with a goal: YCT is designed on current trends of international Chinese language training with “promote learning through testing” principle. It gives children the motivation to learn the Chinese language and get the YCT certificates. YCT is officially recognised Chinese language proficiency test. The YCT certificate is a benchmark for students who want to learn Chinese for their future.
- Improve self-confidence: YCT has four levels. IT gives children the steps to process their study of Chinese languages. Most students will pass the YCT test because the passing score is only 60%. This improves students’ self-confidence and interest in learning Chinese.
- We choose the YCT Standard Course as our textbook. It comes with a textbook and a workbook. The two books use attractive contents for children like pictures, activities, exercises, songs and stories to make their Chinese study function and fun.
The Goal of our YCT Class:
While you can sit for YCT test to get a certificate but our YCT course is not designed for test purpose only. The goal of our YCT class is to help Non-Chinese background children learn the Chinese language in nature and systematic way. They will learn Mandarin with a goal in mind and much fun at the class. We will help them pass YCT levels step by step.
What are the YCT levels?
YCT has four levels:
According to YCT official sites, the different levels of YCT are similar to HSK Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) levels. The standard of the four different YCT levels are:
- YCT 1: Master some of the most common Chinese phrases and sentences and possess the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
- YCT 2: Master some simple Chinese phrases and sentences and cope with basic level communications. Equal to HSK 1.
- YCT 3: Can communicate on familiar daily topics in a simple manner. Equal to HSK 2.
- YCT 4: Can communicate in Chinese at a basic level in their daily, academic and professional lives. When travelling in China, they can manage most forms of communication in Chinese. Equal to HSK 3.
Want your children learn Mandarin during the school term? Enrol our weekend Mandarin Classes for Children at Asply State School.